[Freeswitch-users] bridge and originate - difference between opening a channel and ring ready

Paul Muaddib paul.muaddib83 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:44:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am trying to understand the difference between opening a channel and ring
ready

Following example:
<action application="bridge"
data="<originate_timeout=90,ignore_early_media=true>user/A, user/B,
[leg_delay_start]user/C"/>

When I call multiple endpoints with bridge in parallel and delay one of
them with leg_delay_start, then I can see in the log files that freeswitch
opens up three channels and delays the ring ready for C. But when at the
same time user/C gets called from someone else while leg_delay_start is not
over yet, can user/C still answer the second call? And which call reaches
the user first if the user lets pass by leg_delay_start from the first call?

When I do the whole thing with enterprise originate, it looks much more
efficient since freeswitch is creating the channels only after the time for
originate_delay_start has passed by. What should be used when?

Best regards,
Paul