[Freeswitch-users] Playing file into videoconference via mod_av freezes after server reboot

Chad Phillips chad at apartmentlines.com
Tue Oct 23 02:16:16 UTC 2018

FreeSWITCH 1.8.2 on latest Debian Stretch, compiled stock from source, deps
installed via FS repo.

I have FreeSWITCH managed by systemd to start at boot, which works well.
However, I'm hitting a weird issue where, after initial system boot, if I
try to play a video file into a conference via mod_av, the video is frozen
on the first frame (audio is fine). If I restart FreeSWITCH, then the video
file plays fine.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? My only guess: on boot systemd
starts FreeSWITCH before some other service or setup that is needed to play
video files via mod_av, and restarting FreeSWITCH fixes the issue because
said service is now running.