[Freeswitch-users] NAT Problem with UPNP only for RTP - SIP tcp keept open

Paul Muaddib paul.muaddib83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 19:32:43 UTC 2018

Hi

at the moment I have the setup

Internal.xml
ext-rtp-ip = auto-nat
ext-sip-ip = auto-nat

External.xml
ext-rtp-ip = “my_local_freeswitch_ip”
ext-sip-ip = auto-nat

RTP ports (only) are begin opened by UPNP and SIP via TCP is being keep
open with “expire-seconds=600” and “register=true” (Is there an alternative
for the expire-seconds ? nat-options-ping is only for endpoints registering
to freeswitch, right?)

The reason why I am doing this is, that I dont want to open up a SIP Port
in the Firewall.

But this setup up doesn’t seem right. Audio is working, inbound and
outbound, both ways. But the echo application is not.

When I change
External.xml
ext-rtp-ip = “auto-nat”

I get one-way audio for inbound calls for the callee. The caller can be
heard.

I tried to analyses it in wireshark, but I don’t understand it. The sip
provider keeps sending INVITE messages while freeswitch is confirming it
with OK but keeps going on until the connection breaks.

Thank you for your help