[Freeswitch-users] Enterprise/Production Quality?

Geoff Mina gmina at connectfirst.com
Wed May 30 14:45:09 UTC 2018

Is anyone out there actually using FS successfully in an enterprise environment?

We have deployed a handful of servers in an extremely simple configuration to allow standard SIP infrastructure to communicate with WebRTC clients.

We run ~150 concurrent users per host and we can’t go a week without something in the core of Sofia failing. We have seen hung profiles that simply don’t respond to REGISTER requests (tried every suggested tweak to no avail) as well as seeing FS hang every call in a RINGING state without actually ringing the end client.

These seem like pretty fundamental components we are struggling with. Our use case seems quite simple - yet the software (1.6.19) seems like it has never even seen a production deployment.

Anyone out there have a drastically different experience?