[Freeswitch-users] FS uses external IP address for Contact in 200 to internal server

M Yudkowsky speech at pobox.com
Fri May 25 14:10:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

> On May 25, 2018, at 08:15 , Vallimamod Abdullah <vma at vallimamod.org> wrote:
> The ext-xxx-ip is only needed if your external IP is private and nated to a public one defined on your router. This setting tells freeswitch to put directly the public IP in the contact and the SDP.

That is crucial, undocumented (as far as I know) information. The external IP in my case is publicly visible.

> If it's not already the case, you should use a different internal profile (attached to your internal IP) to discuss with your IS. In this profile, you don't need to define any NAT setting.

Oh, excellent. That's the missing piece of the puzzle: an internal profile. I didn't realize that was necessary, since it _almost_ worked in a single profile that did both. Use of the single profile is no doubt why I needed ext-sip-ip defined to get this working even partially.

Now comes some testing and experimentation, to put it mildly.

Thank you very much!

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky
  Disaggregate Corporation