[Freeswitch-users] Lua script with arguments called from Dialplan

Petr Both both at antek.it
Tue May 22 15:00:18 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to call Lua script from the dialplan using the following
section in etc/freeswitch/diaplan/default.xml

    <extension name="New_Extension">
       <condition field="destination_number"
expression="^(3[0-9][0-9][0-9])$">
        <action application="lua" data="TxCall.lua 3000"/>
       </condition>
     </extension>

I.e. the TxCall.lua is called with argument 3000 and should be available
in lua script intself in argv[1] member of the argv field. However
trying to use argv[1] the lua reports nil in this member of this field.
argv[0] contains correctly name of the script but argv[1] seems to be
empty. Seems like arguments are not delivered to lua script from dialplan.

I have also found the description if FS manual where such usage of
dialplan is described but as I described above it doesn't work for me.

Location in manual is
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_lua
chapter "Sample Dialplan"

Is there any special trick to deliver arguments into the script from
Dialplan?

Regards
Petr B.