[Freeswitch-users] Tone Stream and G729

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:38:48 UTC 2018

Inline (audible tones in the audio stream) tones will not work with G.729.
You need to use RFC2833 for best results.

Try with

send_dtmf <dtmf digits>[@<tone_duration>]

If your tones are not standard DTMF, you can try to record them in a file,
convert it to G.729 offline, and then play the file back in the call.
There is a file conversion utility in FS calles fs_convert if I recall
correctly which you can use to convert the file.  You will need one G.729
license to do this, or find some other program to convert your file.

Regards,

Guillermo

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 1:35 PM, Alexander Perkins <
alexanderhenryperkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All.  I am wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction.
> I am playing back tone_stream on my call, but noticed that if the codec is
> in G729, the call fails because of a codec negotiation error (I am loading
> the G729 mod).
>
> Does anybody know how tone_stream can work with G279?  Here's the line
> from my dialplan (NumberOfLoops depends on how long it takes us to find the
> user, historical average):
>
>  <load module="mod_g729"/>
>
> <action application="playback" data="tone_stream://%(2000,
> 4000,440.0,480.0);loops=${NumberOfLoops}" />
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer