[Freeswitch-users] Debian 9 and Freeswitch 1.8

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Jun 30 11:59:28 UTC 2018

I too am interested in compiling fs for debian 9;

>From here:

 https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Debian+8+Jessie

running this command (one line):

 wget -O - https://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/debian/freeswitch_archive_g0.pub | apt-key add -

ends with this error:

 Cannot write to ‘-’ (Broken pipe).

but running this command (one line):

 wget -O - https://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/debian/freeswitch_archive_g0.pub | sudo apt-key add -

seems ok,

BUT, then running this command:

 git clone https://freeswitch.org/stash/scm/fs/freeswitch.git freeswitch.gits

produces this error:

 Cloning into 'freeswitch.gits'...
 fatal: unable to access
 'https://freeswitch.org/stash/scm/fs/freeswitch.git/':
 gnutls_handshake() failed: Public key signature verification has
 failed.

So there is some tls problem which "should" be simple to solve... for
someone who knows how :)
So this would be my first question - how to fix this error.

My second question is what environment do folks normally use for
development? E.g. debian sid/unstable?

(my apologies if this should go to the dev list, I have applied to
join, a few days ago, just waiting to be approved...)