[Freeswitch-users] Silent calls, non-silent recordings

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 05:46:28 UTC 2018

We've started seeing calls that aren't audible but in which both legs of
the video conference *are* audible in recordings made at the same time.
Here are some of the variables:

   1. We have two clouds with one FS in each
   2. Both clouds have been configured for TLSv1.2 + SRTP
   3. The network public/private IPs and port openings are the same
   4. Bria for Windows works fine with "verify TLS certificate" on
   5. Bria for Mac gets no audio regardless of security setting
   6. A verto page pointed at one of the clouds works for Chrome/Windows
   and Safari/MacOS but doesn't work for either when pointed at the other cloud
   7. I have looked at the FS log at debug level for one of these silent
   calls, and all of the codec negotiations go as expected and there are no
   errors.

The problem I'd most like help with is finding possible reasons why webRTC
calls are silent but have non-silent recordings.