[Freeswitch-users] Debian 9 and Freeswitch 1.8

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Jul 11 20:16:46 UTC 2018

> On Jun 30, 2018, at 7:59 AM, Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> I too am interested in compiling fs for debian 9;

As I said, there is still no public way to do this.  Still working out all the issues, will happen at some point in the future.

> From here:
>
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Debian+8+Jessie
>
> running this command (one line):
>
> wget -O - https://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/debian/freeswitch_archive_g0.pub | apt-key add -
>
> ends with this error:
>
> Cannot write to ‘-’ (Broken pipe).
>

> but running this command (one line):
>
> wget -O - https://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/debian/freeswitch_archive_g0.pub | sudo apt-key add -
>
> seems ok,

You should be able to follow the instructions on confluence for all this

> BUT, then running this command:
>
> git clone https://freeswitch.org/stash/scm/fs/freeswitch.git freeswitch.gits
>
> produces this error:
>
> Cloning into 'freeswitch.gits'...
> fatal: unable to access
> 'https://freeswitch.org/stash/scm/fs/freeswitch.git/':
> gnutls_handshake() failed: Public key signature verification has
> failed.
> \

Sounds like some issue on your system, i’venever seen this before

> So there is some tls problem which "should" be simple to solve... for
> someone who knows how :)
> So this would be my first question - how to fix this error.
>
> My second question is what environment do folks normally use for
> development? E.g. debian sid/unstable?

We dev on deb 8 moving towards deb9