[Freeswitch-users] SIP 482 "Request Merged" on parallel forking

Carlos Ruiz Díaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:44:24 UTC 2018

Hey guys,

It seems like FS is unable to process a parallel forking originating in
Kamailio (or others proxies of its type).

Kamailio does the routing logic, and creates various branches all with
different request URIs but keeping the same CSeq and Call-ID and changing
the branch parameters, but FS interprets these requests as the same and
merges them running the forking impossible.

- I've seen replies that the CSeq should be increased, but this is not
correct according to the RFC.
- Change Call-IDs, which should not be the case for parallel forking.
- And the only reported solution, change the T4 SIP timer to less than 4
seconds and put a sleep() on Kamailio for each branch. I personally don't
consider this a solution as it plays with the timers.

Do you have any recommendations or ideas to solve this?

Thanks,
--
Carlos