[Freeswitch-users] No response to registration requests with high port numbers?

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Mon Jan 15 11:04:35 UTC 2018

Try to set the local port of the SIP device to something else than 5060
(15060). Routers with NAT often change the outgoing SIP port during NAT
(e.g. if 5060 is already used by another device). Sometimes (PfSense)
they are even puzzling the port by default for security reasons, which
cause similar problems as you describe.

Best regards
Peter

On 01/15/18 11:46, Alex Lake wrote:
> I'm beginning to think that this high port number thing is a red
> herring. The router in question is a Meraki and it seems to have
> trouble allowing more than one SIP client to register with freeswitch
> (maybe a NAT/ALG issue)- is this some kind of FAQ?
>
> On 11/01/2018 15:47, Alex Lake wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Got a problem with a handset that doesn't seem to be registering on
>> our Freeswitch server. The diagnostics from a member of Cisco support
>> said...
>>
>> "At packet 422 we see the phone "0_4147057716 at 192.168.40.26" send a
>> registration request to 5.9.36.113:5060 from 175.159.77.82:32060 - We
>> do not see a reply to this from the SIP provider.
>>
>> We responses to requests from 0_359240637 at 192.168.40.26
>> <mailto:0_359240637 at 192.168.40.26> with source port 5060, which
>> suggests to me that the SIP provider is not replying to the high UDP
>> port requests. As the MX is a NAT device, subsequent SIP requests
>> will always have a high UDP port."
>>
>> I'm not sure where we might configure acceptable ranges of SIP source
>> or if it's something else.
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions...
>>
>> Alex

>> consulting at freeswitch.org