[Freeswitch-users] verto, private ip, stun, and Chrome

Mundkowsky, Robert rmundkowsky at ets.org
Thu Jan 11 22:25:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

We are using a Verto javascript that is maybe a little out of date and most recent version of Chrome.  We are seeing that client's private IP address is being sent to FreeSWITCH rather than client's public IP.

We have "iceServers: true" which should tell verto to use the default google STUN server.

I am guessing the below code that uses "navigator.mozGetUserMedia" likely is causing the problems since getusermedia has been tweaked a lot by Chrome and Firefox (per https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Navigator/getUserMedia ).

    window.moz = !!navigator.mozGetUserMedia;

    function RTCPeerConnection(options) {
    var gathering = false, done = false;

        var w = window,
        PeerConnection = w.mozRTCPeerConnection || w.webkitRTCPeerConnection,
        SessionDescription = w.mozRTCSessionDescription || w.RTCSessionDescription,
        IceCandidate = w.mozRTCIceCandidate || w.RTCIceCandidate;

        var STUN = {
            url: !moz ? 'stun:stun.l.google.com:19302' : 'stun:23.21.150.121'
        };

robert

Thank you for your compliance.