[Freeswitch-users] G.729 license only for some users

Gregor Nanger gregor at infomedia.si
Tue Jan 9 15:51:18 UTC 2018

David, if both sides have g729, will it work by default or make bridge in
passthrough mode?

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018, 16:13 David Villasmil <david.villasmil.work at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Joel, keep in mind you ONLY need licenses if you're decoding/encoding
> g.729... this means, if both caller and callee have g.729 on their phones,
> and you're not recording or otherwise manipulating the audio, you do NOT
> need licenses, you can just use the g.729 passthrough.
>
> For IVR yes, you need them, as you are manipulating the audio stream in
> order to record
>
> David
>
> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018, 02:27 Joel Serrano <joel at gogii.net> wrote:
>
>> And one more thing to add, if you do voicemail, play audios, IVR, etc.
>> will also count toward the license usage.

>>> there a way to track how often the G.729 codec is used in parallel?
>>>
>>> Log the output of g729_used. There's also g729_count and g729_available.
>>> That could be a cronjob with fs_cli for example.

>>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>>>
>>> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
>>> http://www.freeswitch.org
>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org
>>> http://www.cluecon.com
>>>
>>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>>> http://www.freeswitch.org

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>>
>> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
>> http://www.freeswitch.org
>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org
>> http://www.cluecon.com
>>
>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>> http://www.freeswitch.org

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Gregor Nanger

*CTO*
t./f.: 00386 (0) 7 6000 308/309 • m:. 00386 (0)41 756485
• Infomedia d.o.o. • Jerebova 3, Novo mesto, Slovenia
• www.infomedia.si