[Freeswitch-users] BLF on Yealink (public "ping" to Kevin Wormington).

Bob Smith b631093f-779b-4d67-9ffe-5f6d5b1d3f8a at protonmail.ch
Wed Feb 28 09:55:37 UTC 2018

I've got a couple, the T46S and the T42S.  Yealink were selling cut-price demo units for a limited period when they launched the T4x series so I took the opportunity !

Overall not bad phones, seem to behave themselves and they do the OPUS codec which is an added bonus (limited to a choice of 8 or 16Khz, but still, better than many manufacturers who don't do OPUS at all !).

The Web GUI does suffer from the odd "lost in translation" moment, but nothing too serious, you can normally figure out what its trying to tell you without much of a struggle.

Other than this BLF "issue", the only other bugbear I'm trying to figure out at the moment is how to reprogram the Voicemail button so it can call a shared mailbox (at the moment I'm using a work-around of programming a soft-key).  That might be something that needs to be done via config file rather than GUI ....

Have not experimented with auto-provisioning yet, that's somewhere next but other priorities have got in the way !