[Freeswitch-users] Clarifications on Grandstream HT503 as FXO gateway

Francesco Facco de Lagarda francesco at delagarda.com
Mon Feb 26 14:16:46 UTC 2018

Goodmorning to you all!

I am trying to configure a HT503 as a FXO gateway to my freeswitch 1.6

192.168.0.201 is the ip of my HT503

I have set the outgoing by creating the following file in
/etc/freeswitch/sip_profiles/external/ht503.xml :

<include>

                <gateway name="ht503">

                               <param name="realm"
value="192.168.0.201:5062"/>

                               <param name="proxy"
value="192.168.0.201:5062"/>

                               <param name="expire-seconds" value="800"/>

                               <param name="register" value="false"/>

                               <param name="retry-seconds" value="60"/>

                               <param name="context" value="public"/>

                </gateway>

</include>

And by creating the following in
/etc/freeswitch/dialplan/default/01_custom.xml

<include>

                <extension name="messagenet-outbound">

                               <condition field="destination_number"
expression="^\d{8,}$">

                                               <action application="set"
data="effective_caller_id_name=${outbound_caller_id_name}"/>

                                               <action application="set"
data="effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}"/>

                                               <action application="set"
data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>

                                               <action application="bridge"
data="sofia/gateway/ht503/${destination_number}@192.168.0.201:5062"/>

                               </condition>

                </extension>

</include>

I have 2 Problems:

1.	I am using javascript scripting, and I am trying to schedule some
events using:

                var sessOut = new Session("sofia/gateway/ht503/" +
dialedNum + "@192.168.0.201:5062");

                sessOut.execute("set", "execute_on_answer=sched_hangup +20
alloted_timeout")

But whereas using a sip provider, the hangup is scheduled correctly, using
the HT it appears that the "execute_on_answer" never happens!

2.	Despite reading and searching for days, I have found NO clear
instructions on how to configure the HT503 for INCOMING calls

Thank you all in advance

Francesco