[Freeswitch-users] [rtp-timeout-sec][need experts comments]

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Feb 21 23:17:57 UTC 2018

it depends on the endpoint.  There is no reason to send packets when there is silence but many endpoints do anyways.  Due to this, people start depending on rtp timeouts for things.  in ice setups even if there is no rtp there is typically some ice exchange still.  Still none of this is the best way to see a connection dropped, sip times or signaling based methods are better.