[Freeswitch-users] rtp-timer-name / timer issues

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 18:51:53 UTC 2018

Alright, it looks like CNG may be to blame here.

We were using bridge_generate_comfort_noise to deal with some provider
issues and it may be responding poorly to even the slightest latency. If my
understanding is correct, bridge_generate_comfort_noise will generate a
silence packet into the media stream transparently to the endpoints. The
result would be that if the timer hits and no audio is available on a
channel, CNG is immediately generated and placed into the stream, rendering
jitter buffers on either end fairly useless, since they're still receiving
consistent audio streams (just some packets may be silent)

Does this sound reasonable? Short of timing issues it's the only thing I
can think of that would cause the audio differences between the A and B leg
given that a dedicated host didn't solve the problem either.

Thanks in advance,
Colin