[Freeswitch-users] Debian 9 and Freeswitch 1.8

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 02:36:47 UTC 2018

BTW, I run a Debian 8 in a privileged LXC container on a Debian 9
host, and FreeSWITCH is running fine. The container has its own
physical NIC, and is used as a voice quality testing probe. Because
the container has full privileges (the default in Debian), FreeSWITCH
daemon gets the necessary realtime priority in the host kernel. I was
also monitoring the quality of outbound RTP stream, and the best
results are achieved with "timerfd" RTP timer in the SIP profile. The
default "soft" timer resulted in sporadic RTP delays in some calls.