[Freeswitch-users] Skype-in no longer accepts Toll-Free PAI or even From

M Yudkowsky speech at pobox.com
Thu Feb 1 19:18:12 UTC 2018

> On Feb 1, 2018, at 13:07 , Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>
> The workaround would be to send a toll number.  The fix would be to ask Skype or whatever carrier is rejecting the call to fix it.

Well, sending a toll number would be nice, and was my plan B or C, except that everyone receiving the call would be puzzled as to who's calling them -- bad for business.

Actually, I was just about to write: turns out that this is *not* a Skype-in number problem. The "obvious" thing to do, and I was too focused on tech-side to do it, was to try other non-toll numbers in the DID; e.g. 1 800 111 2222. That works, btw, since PAI's are never validated in my experience to date. As such I've determined that indeed, as Mr J states, this problem is specific to my TN.

Now I just have to find the right people at Skype to unblock my TN. I wonder how long it takes to get that done.
--
  Moshe Yudkowsky
  Disaggregate Corporation

   http://www.Disaggregate.com