how to enable transcoding

robert mundkowsky rfmundkowsky at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 21:24:08 UTC 2018

Can I get instructions on how to enable video transcoding on FreeSWITCH 1.6?
I did not see this covered in the books.
I tried the following:
sip_profiles/internal.xml:
<param name="disable-transcoding" value="false"/>
<param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="true"/><param name="inherit_codec" value="true"/>
vars.xml:

<action application="set" data="media_mix_inbound_outbound_codecs=true"/><action application="set" data="proxy_media=false"/>

And I enabled some different video codecs.
Also tried: "Mixing Media/Codecs on different legs (transcoding)" fromĀ  Codec Negotiation - FreeSWITCH - Confluence but these instructions seem odd, for example I think you would want "late-negotiation".