[Freeswitch-users] record_session pauses recording during hold by first endpoint

Matthew Nichols matt.nichols at westtel.com
Fri Aug 24 22:59:34 UTC 2018

In our dialplan we have a section like this:

<action application="export" data="recording_follow_transfer=true"/>
<action application="record_session" data="$${recording_dir}/${uuid}.wav"/>

The problem we have is if the original caller (over SIP) goes on hold, the recording stops (the file size remains the same) until the original caller goes off hold. Is there a setting that would prevent this behavior? We would like the recording to continue (possibly recording the hold music, though more importantly continuing to record the audio of the other endpoint(s)).

record_waste_resources is set to true. We've also tried to export send_silence_when_idle=-1 though that doesn't work.

Thanks,
Matthew Nichols, WestTel International