[Freeswitch-users] SIMCOM LTE modems with USB Audio

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:28:18 UTC 2018

hi,

I wrote about a year ago about SIMCOM SIM7100 series LTE modems and
that they support USB audio. Now the vendor offers also SIM7500 and
SIM7600 modems, also with USB audio, and in addition these newer
models support 16-bit audio streams.

Unfortunately I didn't find the free time to make a FreeSWITCH module
for them, but if someone wants to sponsor such a development, or
actually develop it, I'll be glad to work together.

I've got a SIM7100E modem, and SIM7500E is ordered and is on the way.

The SIM7500 series is cheaper, but it only supports 10Mbps downstream
for mobile data. The SIM7600 supports up to 150Mbps. But for voice
applications, data transfer rate should be irrelevant in any way.

cheers,
stanislav