[Freeswitch-users] Question about large confeerence

Abaci B abaci64 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:46:42 UTC 2018

Agree that mod_conference should probably be optimized to only loop unmuted
members, but that only applies to the input thread the thread handling the
output still needs to exist for everybody (except maybe for deaf members)
but it would still be a savings since right now each conference member uses
at least 3 threads if i understand correctly (1 for the channel, 1 for the
input and another one for the output).
the most optimal solution would probably be to either use shoutcast to
stream for conferences where the latency isn't critical, and develop a
streaming option for conferences, maybe something like
conference_stream://conf_name that would be like local_stream and not like
additional conference members with high overhead. I hope to 1 day either
develop or sponsor development of such a feature, if there are others
interested in the same functionality we maybe able to sponsor it together,
I would offer $500 as a starter.