[Freeswitch-users] Question about large confeerence

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:56:57 UTC 2018

On 22 April 2018 at 23:38, Abaci B <abaci64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You mean creating a new endpoint that would stream the conference, same
> idea as mod_lcoal_stream can stream a shoutcast stream? that's what I was
> thinking of but after looking at the code involved I see that is beyond my
> C skills, and I have a budget of only around $500 for this so don't think I
> will find someone else to do it.

I do not see $500 to fit the bill :)

with a little bit of ingenuity, you can cobble together a solution:

1) have a conf with speakers only with a meta key that transfer them to
extension abc if they don't need to speak anymore
2) have the conf outcall extension xyz
3) extension xyz answers and then shoutcast to shoutcast server
4) shoutcast server is used as source for music on hold
5) all listeners calls extension abc
6) extenmsion abc answers then put the caller on music on hold and give
them a meta key that will transfer them to conf if they need to speak

CPU=0
Profit!
:D

or, you can make a variation that uses mod_shell_stream that pipes the
outcall to a temp mp3 file that is then streamed by music on hold to
listeners.

be creative!

good luck,

-giovanni