[Freeswitch-users] Question about large confeerence

Abaci B abaci64 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:09:01 UTC 2018

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a large audio conference of over 1000 users where only
1 or 2 users are talking and the rest are just listening, but after 600-700
users the CPU usage gets too high and the audio gets choppy, I understand
that mod_conference is not optimized for my use case but was wondering if
someone has any suggestions on what can be done to optimize for my use case.
I was also thinking that maybe there is a  better alternative for what I
look for, such as having just the talkers on the conference and the
listeners should listen to it via mod_local_stream or maybe use something
like eavesdrop for the listeners but not sure if and how much performance I
would gain.
Thanks for any help or input