[Freeswitch-users] RTP reception before sending any RTP packet

Mickael Hubert mickael at winlux.fr
Thu Apr 19 08:31:52 UTC 2018

Hi list,
I'd like to know if there's a way to tell FS to wait for RTP reception
before sending any RTP packet ?
We're facing a problem regarding early media with a PBX, NATed behind a
dumb router : actually, if FS first sends RTP to the PBX, without waiting
for RTP coming from the PBX, there's no audio. In some cases (related to
the provider we use behind FS to establish call to the PSTN) FS isn't the
'first-shooter' of the RTP flow, and everything works fine, but when FS is
the first to send RTP, it doesn't work...
Because we can't change anything at our providers configs, we'd like to
know if FS can "delay" RTP sending until it receives some RTP from the
calling party.

The schematic is following :
PBX ===> FS ===> ...voice backbone... ===> Providers
(FS is acting as an SBC)

Thanks for your help,