[Freeswitch-users] 100rel support

David Witham david.witham at netsip.com.au
Tue Apr 17 05:08:36 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We have had an upstream provider request that we enable 100rel support. I
note in the wiki it says:

enable-100rel

This enable support for 100rel (100% reliability - PRACK message as defined
in RFC3262 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3262>) This fixes a problem with
SIP where provisional messages like "180 Ringing" are not ACK'd and
therefore could be dropped over a poor connection without retransmission.
*2009-07-08:* Enabling this may cause FreeSWITCH to crash, see FSCORE-392
<http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSCORE-392>.

<param name="enable-100rel" value="true"/>

FSCORE-392 doesn't say if the crashing related to enabling 100rel was ever
fixed. Can anyone confirm whether it is now safe to enable 100rel support?

regards,
David