[Freeswitch-users] Multiple FS Servers - Sofia Shared Database - Behind Kamailio

Geoff Mina gmina at connectfirst.com
Mon Sep 25 21:17:21 UTC 2017

Greetings,
I am hoping this is a relatively simple question - but I can't find a lot
of specific information on what I am attempting to do - although I have
found enough to believe that this configuration is possible.

I have 2 FS hosts (FreeSWITCH Version 1.6.19~64bit) behind a Kamailio
server.  Kamailio is routing REGISTER and INVITE requests to both using the
Dispatcher module.

I have a single MySQL server shared by both FS hosts and mod_sofia is
properly using the shared MySQL server via ODBC on the back-end.

I have two softphones registering through Kamailio and all is good.  I can
see both registrations in the "sip_registrations" table.

The problem comes in when I try to call one of the extensions.  If the
INVITE arrives on the opposite server to the last REGISTER for that
extension - the FS server can't see the registered user since the
"hostname" is different now.

I can experiment with it by using "sofia_contact 1000" on both servers -
and only the last server that accepted the REGISTER sees the user, the
other returns "error/user_not_registered".

Can anyone point me in the right direction to understand what might need to
be changed to allow both FS servers to share the same records in
"sip_registrations"?

Thanks,
Geoff