[Freeswitch-users] RTP Loss with Freeswitch in Default Mode

vikas sharma vikas452 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:27:22 UTC 2017

Hi
I am using Freeswitch in Default mode for video calls.But while i am making
video calls using two linphone applications on android mobile phone with
H264 codec
support ,video is getting stuck in between the calls on linphone i.e video
is not continuous.

*aleg*:*bleg*:

Here is my analysis on RTP packet dump taken on the Freeswitch server side:

1. Audio RTP received on *A leg*= *5184* but* forwarded *on *B leg *= 5005
+ 35(*private port*) =* 5040*.

2. Audio RTP received on* B leg* = *5178* but forwarded on* A leg* = 4763 +
68(*private port*) =   *4831*.

3. Video RTP received on* A leg* = *3145* but forwarded on* B leg* = 3050 +
77(*private port)* = *3127*.

4. Video RTP received on *B leg* = *6402* but forwarded on *A leg* = *6252*.

I have also attached here the screenshot of RTP streams from wireshark.
This RTP Loss is causing video call quality very bad if network is not too
good.Kindly help me to improve the video call quality and reduce RTP loss.

Questions:
1. Why some of the RTP packets are being forwarded to private ports?
2. Why there is so much difference in the RTP packets received on the
Freeswitch and sent out from the Freeswitch

Kindly let me know if i am doing something wrong.

​