[Freeswitch-users] Bug? Recording pauses when the recorded leg is held

Björn Bylander Bjorn.Bylander at loxysoft.com
Tue Sep 19 12:06:13 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've got an application using mod_erlang_event which does the following:

1. Originates a call to A and waits for A to answer.
2. Parks A.
3. Originates a call to B and waits for B to answer.
4. Bridges A to B.
5. Starts recording B using uuid_record (to a file with the "wav" extension). Audio from both A and B is recorded, as expected.
6. Stops recording when either leg is terminated.

If B holds its call using a SIP re-INVITE with recvonly in the SDP, FreeSWITCH pauses recording instead of recording just the audio from the A leg. This seems like a bug to me given the documentation for uuid_record (from https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_commands):

"The start command causes FreeSWITCH to start mixing all call legs together and saves the result as a file in the format that the file's extension dictates."

Am I right in considering this behaviour to be a bug?

I'm using FS v1.6.19.

Regards,
Björn Bylander