[Freeswitch-users] TDM-to-TDM Pass-through Media

Mehdi Shirazi mahdi_shirazi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 07:31:34 UTC 2017

Hi
Regarding Freeswitch shares same DAHDI and libpri with Asterisk, if there was no reason to call comes inside
server ( like codec conversion ,inband DTMF processing , call waiting)... Theoretically this two case should
be possible:

1-In DAHDI-driven cards supports direct timeslot bridging (interchange)(E1/T1s in same span cards) the
audio won't even pass across the system bus at all.

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2010-March/043056.html

2-With another interesting service = 2BCT(Two B-Channel Transfer)(ITU version ECT = Explicit Call Transfer)
even it is possible to free both B channels and transfer Call to Local switch( if both sides was on same
E1/T1 span)

http://support.digium.com/Answers?id=kA080000000GwmUCAS

Regards
M.Shirazi