[Freeswitch-users] PortAudio and Windows devices

Gregor Nanger gregor at infomedia.si
Sun Sep 10 05:25:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

in VS go to Build/Configuration Manager and see if mod_portaudio project is
selected for build. Maybe it builds without it?

Or post errors you get while building solution.

> Hi again everyone.
>
> OK I appreciate that nobody has yet answered this but now I have more info
> that may help.
>
> I succeeded in building the Freeswitch executable for Windows from the
> source. I git cloned version 1.6.19 which I understand is the most recent
> stable release. I am using Visual Studio 2015 Express.
>
> I first built the debug version 64-bit. There were three errors but at
> least there was an executable so I ran that. Now the pa devlist command
> lists my sound devices so that works. Also the debug information indicates
> that it is using DirectSound. I actually haven't made a call because of
> another issue but at least I can confirm that mod_portaudio sees my audio
> devices in this situation.
>
> Then I cleaned the solution and built the release version. Again I got
> three errors but again there was an executable so I ran that. Now the pa
> devlist command produces no devices.
>
> This suggests to me that something is amiss with the process for
> generating the release version for Windows which also makes the Windows
> installer, that impacts on PortAudio. In that case, the result In my
> experience is that PortAudio just doesn't work because it doesn't see any
> audio devices.
>
> It's beyond me I'm afraid to figure out the difference here. I'm just not
> experienced with Visual Studio to understand what is going on with these
> two scenarios.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> Clive Lansink
> Email: Clive at Lansink.Co.NZ
> Phone: +64 9 520-4242
> Mobile: +64 21 663-999
> Fax: +64 21 789-150

Gregor Nanger

*CTO*
t./f.: 00386 (0) 7 6000 308/309 • m:. 00386 (0)41 756485
• Infomedia d.o.o. • Jerebova 3, Novo mesto, Slovenia
• www.infomedia.si