[Freeswitch-users] Presence BLF problems on FreeSWITCH 1.6.19

E. Schmidbauer eschmidbauer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 22:37:22 UTC 2017

I have found that freeswitch does not scale well with presence.
I've seen it hit a bottleneck at around that same number of subscriptions
(10,000). freeswitch's presence is SQL heavy so when you are dealing with
that many subscriptions and presence updates it becomes a problem.
I would recommend using something like Kamailio for presence. You can
"extract" presence events from freeswitch and "publish" presence updates to
kamailio using freeswitch's esl and kamailio's presence modules.
I've seen kamailio operate under extremely high volume (~100,000
subscriptions)