[Freeswitch-users] Announcing switchio and the friends-of-freeswitch group on Github

Kamal Mustafa kamal.mustafa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 05:24:55 UTC 2017

On 10 November 2017 at 01:48, Tyler Goodlet <tgoodlet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> This is to announce a new group a few of us ex-Sangoma people have created on Github:
>
> https://github.com/friends-of-freeswitch
>
> If any of you were familiar with Sangoma's project `switchy` this project has now been hard forked and evolved into this one:
>
> https://github.com/friends-of-freeswitch/switchio

It's great to see switchy keep evolving. One thing that make me
interested in switchy last time is it use of inbound socket to handle
incoming call. So we try adopting the same approach. Haven't roll it
out to production yet but our initial tests show it much more stable
than using outbound socket to handle incoming call. Is there any
technical explanation that can back up this approach ?