[Freeswitch-users] Record module for video calls

王聡 cong.wang.itsherpa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 01:35:19 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Recently I need to record all contents for video calls on my FS server to make sure no illegal contents, and I found mod_vlc (https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_vlc <https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_vlc>) which might helps. However, I got some troubles during my build, it shows no dependencies for this mod.

making all mod_vlc
make[4]: Entering directory '/usr/src/freeswitch/src/mod/formats/mod_vlc'
Makefile:892: *** You must install libvlc-dev to build mod_vlc.
make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/freeswitch/src/mod/formats/mod_vlc'
Makefile:653: recipe for target 'mod_vlc-all' failed
make[3]: *** [mod_vlc-all] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/freeswitch/src/mod'
Makefile:563: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/freeswitch/src'
Makefile:3132: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/freeswitch'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I had already installed the libvlc-dev but it still can’t built correctly.

Is there any idea? Or any other way for video call recordings?

Regards.