[Freeswitch-users] Multi Tenant Installation / problem with call transfer (att_xfer)

Thorsten Göllner tg-maillistings at level5.de
Mon May 29 17:07:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using Freeswitch 1.6.14 and set it up with a multi tenant
installation. Some users are in company-a and some users are in
company-b. Both companies have their own dialplan. Works fine.

Now I want to make an attanded transfer (att_xfer). I make a call from
device 1 to device 2. Then I want to initiate a tranfer. So I press *3
followed by the wanted target (say *312 to call 12). Yes, I bound the
meta app key in the dialplan.

But now I get the following message/error in the log:
EXECUTE sofia/internal/12 at my.domain.com att_xfer(user/14 at my_public_ip)
The transfer fails.

The user 12 is registered in domain my.domain.com but the wanted user
cannot be reached because att_xfer tries to reach the user in the
"domain" set in $${domain} in vars.xml.

In my vars.xml you can find:
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain=$${local_ip_v4}"/>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain_name=$${domain}"/>

And in my features.xml you can find:
<extension name="att_xfer">
 <condition field="destination_number" expression="^att_xfer$">
   <action application="read" data="3 4
'tone_stream://%(10000,0,350,440)' digits 30000 #"/>
   <action application="set" data="origination_cancel_key=#"/>
   <action application="att_xfer" data="user/${digits}@$${domain}"/>
 </condition>
</extension>

So att_xfer tries to call the user in $${domain}. But it is set to my
public ip. I followd the instruction on
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Multiple_Companies
and in the last chapter wou will find the hint to set the domain to any
other domain but not to one of the productive domains. So my IP should
be fine.

I also tried to set the domain variable before in the dialplan via
<action application="set" data="domain_name=my.domain.com"/>
<action application="set" data="domain=my.domain.com"/>
but this does not take any effect. Do I missing something?

Can you give me a hint, what the correct way is to make it?

Thanks in advance,

Thorsten