[Freeswitch-users] About proxy-hold codec re-negotiation behavior.

Lợi Đặng loi.dangthanh at gmail.com
Mon May 22 10:49:33 UTC 2017

Hi list, I'm using FS with *proxy-hold*.
Call flow is simple
A -> FreeSWITCH -> B
Assume FS, A and B support PCMA and PCMU, FS prefer PCMA in codec-prefs
profile configuration.
In affects of my configuration for *greedy early negotiation* and *disable
transcoding*, PCMA is negotiated in both legs for initial INVITE, that's
good, and expected.

But then I remove PCMA from A and compose a re-INVITE for holding with PCMU
only, the a leg is re-negotiated with PCMU, but the b leg have re-INVITE
with PCMA due to *proxy-hold* variable, that causes transcoding happened
after hold.

My desire is to have FS to re-negotiate with b leg too, not so similar but
as what I observed when I was using it with media proxy option ( A-A before
hold, U-U after hold).

I tried late negotiation in this case, but no luck.
So is that not able for FS to re-negotiate codec on b leg, in using
proxy-hold?
Any advise is appreciated.

rgds,
Loi Dang