[Freeswitch-users] Hacked FreeSWITCH mentioned on the Verge regarding bomb threats

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 20:19:23 MSK 2017

Is nice because they mention FreeSWITCH in the tag of the link, but the
link is about FreePBX.

Anyway, it's true: if you do not use the standard security practice, and
leave your FreeSWITCH with standard password "1234", or maybe you change
the standard password to "password", you probably will be hacked, and phone
calls will be originated from your FreeSWITCH that you do not want to
originate.

But, man, that's what you, and me, and anyone is expecting.

Also, please do not drive wrong way in the autobahn :))

-giovanni

On 14 March 2017 at 16:42, Mario G <mario_fs at mgtech.com> wrote:

> Thought some may be interested in this. I first saw it today via Apple
> News… Related to tracing bomb threats and Jewish attacks… FreeSWITCH
> mentioned twice.
> http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/14/14913118/jcc-bomb-
> threats-anonymous-phone-calls-pdx-hacking

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
OpenTelecom.IT