[Freeswitch-users] Change RTP port range for specific call

Joel Serrano joel at gogii.net
Fri Mar 3 01:55:55 MSK 2017

Hi all,

I know you can set the upper/lower RTP port limit in
autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml but, is it possible to have an upper/lower
limit set and change it for a specific call?

For example:

switch.conf.xml has:

<param name="rtp-start-port" value="16000"/>
<param name="rtp-end-port" value="32000"/>

We have certain clients that require a VPN connection to reach our servers,
and the VPN blocks all UDP traffic from ports >10000.

One solution would be of course just to lower our range, ok... But is there
a way that I can set the RTP port range for a specific call?

Something like this in diaplan:

[...]
<action application="set" data="rtp-start-port=3000"/>
<action application="set" data="rtp-end-port=4000"/>
[...]

I don't know if this is doable some way... If FS doesn't have this option,
maybe with a Kamailio + rtpengine in front we could potentially achieve
this?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Joel.