[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch Verto + Video installation

Gonzalo Gasca Meza gascagonzalo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 12:47:03 MSK 2017

What about this section:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/WebRTC#WebRTC-InstallCertificates

*Caveats*

*The latest version of Freeswitch should automatically generate self-signed
certificates. However, self-signed certs often don't work very well, since
you will need to induce the prompt to allow an untrusted certificate. You
should use a trusted certificate, just as you would your website. If you
take your WebRTC url, such as wss://foo.bar.com:7443 and change it
to https://foo.bar.com:7443 <https://foo.bar.com:7443/> you can visit it in
the browser and give it a permanent exception. On OS X and windows you may
import the ca.crt into your trust store.*

Seems to be that local WSS cert creation already happened. ( I understand
that WSS nowadays requires not local self-signed certs but public certs)

*fs_cli -x 'sofia status profile internal' | grep WSS-BIND-URL*

WSS-BIND-URL     sips:mod_sofia at 172.31.16.63:7443;transport=wss

*ls -al /etc/freeswitch/tls/wss.pem*

-rw-rw---- 1 freeswitch freeswitch 1572 Mar  2 09:21
/etc/freeswitch/tls/wss.pem

*openssl s_client -connect 172.31.16.63:7443 <http://172.31.16.63:7443>*

...Verify return code: 18 (self signed certificate)

Hence my understanding is that I will need the following after install FS
and Video components:

a)   Enable freeswitch-mod-verto freeswitch-mod-rtc

b) Install certs using:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/WebRTC#WebRTC-InstallCertificates
and replace existing wss.pem ?

c) Install verto

d) Configure web server (Apache or Nginx) for SSL & Verto directory

Am I correct?