[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan: destination_number: regex question

Nate nathan.port at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 04:01:04 UTC 2017

Good day/evening everyone,

Apologies for not being able to figure this out on my own. I've been
searching and trying for several days to get inbound/outbound working but
have yet to see success.

At this stage I need help determining a proper regex expression for
handling New Zealand phone numbers.

For instance, there are three different ways of expressing numbers here in
NZ:

International: +64 22 333 4444
non-local: 022 333 4444

A couple questions related to the SIP proxy:

If the SIP proxy is located in Hong Kong, but the phone number is a New
Zealand number, does the location of the proxy have any impact on the
number of characters in the string for inbound/outbound calls?

Again, apologies for the rudimentary nature of these questions, but having
nearly exhausted all other options (docs, searches, IRC), I am now spending
a large amount of time guessing and trial and error without any progress.

Many thanks for any feedback at all.

Nate