[Freeswitch-users] Javascript FileIO

Faruq Ahmad afarooqa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 22:48:11 UTC 2017

I consulted this wiki and File is not implemented for v8, only FileIo is
available.

I ended up doing something similar,
var read_size = 2048;
do {
        read_size *=2;
        var jsFd = new FileIO('/opt/prj_jsons/cfId.json', 'r');
        jsFd.read(read_size);
        jsData  = jsFd.data();
        jsFd.close();
}while(jsData.length == read_size);

its a good idea to put a cap on the read_size, i'll put a cap on after a
few Mbs.
I tried appending the new data to the incomplete read attempt, but after
the first iteration the buffer wont clear and on last iteration data from
previous read attempt was concatenated to the .data() output of the last
read attempt after the data in file finished.

if the data read cannot exceed the total bytes in the file I can get rid of
this and safely just put the desired cap size in the read_size. Thanks.