[Freeswitch-users] weird dtmf forwarding issue

Bipin Patel bipin at xbipin.com
Thu Jun 8 21:10:31 UTC 2017

Detect as in when fs receives a DTMF it prints in cli, when it doesn't it
didn't detect a DTMF even though client is sending it. First I tried
sending inband and used start DTMF but that wasn't too good so moved to the
rfc one and then finally ended up using info. I made some progress on this,
wanted to know can fs receive DTMF as rfc or info and send info or rfc to
gateway, something like a intercept and forward as a new method? When I set
DTMF to rfc in profile and client sends in info then nothing goes to
gateway, if client sends info and I set info in profile then it works. In
summary I want to accept info and rfc and want to send to gateway in
whatever mode they support rather than force client to send in a particular
format.

Also is there a way to make DTMF timings a little relaxed, I have another
client that uses fs as PBX and calls come to it using a pstn to VoIP
gateway and due to the exchange under going hardware upgrades the DTMF
timings are a little out or the trailing sound is a bit broken and most of
the times the pstn gateway doesn't detect so I switched it to inband and if
I can tune fs to accept a little messed up DTMF then it would make it work.

I had a similar issue in a different country when the exchange was moving
to etsi fsk for caller ID and it took months for the company to figure out
the issue and sort it out