[Freeswitch-users] How to add path information to mod_sms message

Keith Whyte keith at rhizomatica.org
Wed Jul 12 06:48:07 UTC 2017

Hi!

I'm registering clients to freeswitch via a Kamailio proxy.

Kamailio sends a Path: header to freeswitch, and calls are working fine,
but I'm struggling to get chats working.

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to send the path information back to
Kamailio in a MESSAGE with mod_sms.

Adding a "path" header to the event is ignored.

I have a python chatplan, I have found that if I do something like:

event = ESL.ESLevent("CUSTOM", "SMS::SEND_MESSAGE")

event.addHeader("to", "extention at kamailio_server;received=sip:ip_addr:port")

Then Freeswitch will send the MESSAGE to the kamailio server with a To line:

To: <sip:extention at kamailio_server>;received=sip:ip_addr:port

I guess I could go about having Kamailio parse this, but is this the way
to go? It seems messy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!