[Freeswitch-users] SRTP Issue

John McPherson canadamcpherson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 02:18:33 UTC 2017

Hello All,

*I had the following issue:*

https://pastebin.freeswitch.org/view/8722d895#L30
issue is here :[WARNING] switch_core_media.c:4451 Crypto not negotiated but
required.
This is the log for my issue. The external forwarding does not work when I
use rtp_secure_media=true. Everything else works. The only workaround is to
put rtp_secure_media=false in the outbound dialplan and make the
bridge=loopback instead of outbound. I don't like this workaround. Is there
a more elegant solution?
I want the bridge=outbound and not loopback

*Then I was told that I can use rtp_secure_media=optional*

It made me happy as I thought the problem is solved.

*But now the problem is rtp_secure_media=optional does not work when the
devices only have SRTP_Encryption =ALWAYS or NEVER where the "Optional" is
not an option and they cannot receive calls. I know that we can separate
inbound and outbound. However, forwarding is both inbound and outbound.*

Do you have a solution for me?

With my thanks,

John McPherson