[Freeswitch-users] A note from the Lead Developer. FreeSWITCH 1.8 Feature Requests

Chad Phillips chad at apartmentlines.com
Thu Jan 26 04:04:53 MSK 2017

I’ll echo Mirko’s wish for an SFU option for the videoconference
functionality, while recognizing that’s highly unlikely :)

Some other things I’d love to see for videoconference:
 - The option to assign different users to different layouts of the same
videoconference
 - Positional data (which users where in a layout) sent to clients on
layout changes
 - Convenience method in Verto client for dynamically changing the video
resolution the user is sending to the server
 - Ability to easily overlay a client’s local video feed over their own
image on a shared video canvas (variation of the same trick SFUs use to
hide video delay from a local user) — pretty sure this would require the
earlier mentioned positional data feature.
 - an ‘audio-floor-msec’ conference profile parameter, which would work for
the audio floor in a similar manner to the ‘video-auto-floor-msec’ setting
does for moving the user to the video floor. this would be great for
situations where the video layout is managed manually instead of
automatically by the conference.