[Freeswitch-users] How are you using FreeSWITCH?

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Wed Jan 18 03:20:05 MSK 2017

I'm using FreeSWITCH as a PBX for a small (under 50) company. It's running
on a Debian VM hosted on XenServer. Our provider is flowroute.com and we
use Comcast Business as our ISP.

One unusual thing I'm doing is I have an old Panasonic answering machine (
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KXTC1501-Cordless-Digital-Answering/dp/B00004TZDL/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8)
at
home (on a POTS line) that has the ability to dial a pager when a message
is received. (Remember pagers?) I set up FreeSWITCH to act as a pager, so
that the answering machine dials it via an extension number to our main
company number. It then runs a Lua script that takes the pager data, does a
CID lookup, and sends an email through vtext.com to my smartphone.  The
result is that when someone calls my home POTS line, I get a message that
tells me who called and if they left a message or not.

I also have a FreeSWITCH script that sends a SMS message (through
flowroute.com) when a voicemail message is received.

--
Steve