[Freeswitch-users] Merging two calls

Richard A. Branham, Jr. Rich.freeswitch at Branham.us
Thu Jan 12 08:41:31 MSK 2017

I am trying to merge 2 separate calls together into a conference or 3-way
call while maintaining the ability to put each one on/off hold or hang up
without affecting the other.

Using Verto in a web app, the usual call flows to FS extensions and the
PSTN are working.  The user can put an existing call on hold and make
another call.  If a call comes in and the user answers it, the first call
is placed on hold and the second one becomes active.

I have implemented various switch commands using ESL and the UUIDs of
calls and channels can be retrieved.

>From here we'd like to place all 3 into a conference or 3-way call while
enabling the "main" user to place the other calls on/off hold or hang them
up individually.  Is it possible to merge 2 separate calls into 1 while
maintaining the same control over the calls as when they're just 1-to-1?

Thanks!
Richard