[Freeswitch-users] No input audio with FSClient

Paul Mateer Paul.Mateer at outlook.com
Wed Jan 11 16:39:06 MSK 2017

OK. I'm wondering if this is a possible bug in the FreeSWITCH code?

I see two threads running - each with it's own session and channel. One is an outbound channel called "sofia/softphone/9196", whilst the other is the inbound channel called "portaudio/sofia/gateway/2/9196".

Now the CF_AUDIO flag is set on the inbound channel during a call to switch_core_media_negotiate_sdp(), but as far as I can tell the outbound channel never gets its CF_AUDIO flag set, which is why there's no audio transmitted. I can correct the problem by adding the following call to the if(channel_caller) statement block at the end of switch_ivr_originate() method:

    switch_channel_set_flag(caller_channel, CF_AUDIO);

but as I only started working with FreeSWITCH before Christmas, I'm not sure if this is a definite issue and whether this is an appropriate correction.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Paul